Thermal burns are burn injuries to the skin caused after getting in contact with hot surfaces or liquids or fire. Examples of thermal burns include, spilling of boiling oil or water on any part of the body, touching any hot flame or super heated metal, electrical burns etc.
1. Gas Gangrene
2. Thermal burns or any other serious burns
3. Intracranial Abscesses
4. Acute Traumatic Ischemia (ATI)
5. Gas Embolism
6. Radiation Damage (usually in patients who underwent cancer treatment)
7. Decompression sickness
8. Severe injuries where the muscles are crushed under heavy force
9. Infections that spread faster or kill soft tissue faster
10. Foot ulcers or wounds in diabetic patients
Radiation injury is the damage to tissues caused due to exposure to high energy ionizing radiation, typically during treatment of other medical condition(s). Radiation treatment is a procedure in which the patient’s body part is exposed to high energy electromagnetic waves that can strip electrons from the atoms they hit, consequently changing their nature and structure.